2023 PDRI-DevLab Graduate Student Research Grants – Announcement of recipient
PDRI-DevLab is happy to announce the recipients of this year’s PDRI-DevLab Graduate Student Research Grants. We received many strong applications, and were only able to fund a limited number of proposals. Six Penn graduate students were selected to receive support in this round.
The following outstanding projects were selected for funding:
- Ornella Darova: Protection or Segregation? Indigenous Education in Mexico
- Nicolas Idrobo: Why Economic Sanctions Backfire
- Scott Kim: Who Bears the Property Tax Burden? Evidence of Ethnic Favoritism from Nigeria
- Shanze Rauf: Gender-Based Violence and Police Bias
- Rashi Sabherwal: Putting in the work: Does women’s employment in India affect their everyday political participation?
- Tanya Vaidya: Exit from the state: Examining the effect of elite withdrawal on the provision of public goods and services
Awardees will present the resulting research in PDRI-DevLab fora during the 2023-24 academic year, providing an opportunity to learn more about the funded research projects.
Congratulations to all of the awardees!